Anatomy and Energetics of the Spine
Time & Location
About the Event
Workshop open to all practitioners
This weekend is certified by Yoga Allience as continuing education credits.
Or part of the 300 hour teacher training
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
- Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
- Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
In this module, we will learn how to develop a stable spinal column that is both strong and supple. The sessions will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine, including injury prevention.
- Energetics of the chakras and pranic channels along the spine.
- Safe alignment principles of flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the spine.
- How to sequence a yoga practice that contains the right balance of backward bends (a.k.a. spine extension) and forward bends (a.k.a. spine flexion), as well as side stretches (a.k.a. lateral flexion of the spine) and twists (a.k.a. spine rotation).
Additional Information for Yoga Teachers:
If you are a certified yoga teacher, you can either choose to take this course for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits, or as one of the modules required to complete the Spira Power Yoga 300-hour teacher training.
You can pay for the 300-hour teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or purchase all 15 modules at once and save $400. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the "Complete 300-hour Teacher Training" listing under workshops.
To receive your 300-hour diploma from Spira you must complete 15 modules and pass the final exam and presentation. The training can be completed in as little as 2 years. Most students can comfortably complete the training in 4 years. However, our program is flexible: You can study at your own pace, taking as many years as you need to finish all 15 modules. After each 4-year period, we will charge an additional $100 to reactivate your enrollment in the training.