Fri, Sep 22|
Don't use RSVP below; if you wish to purchase and register, click on BUY NOW link below in the event description.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Issaquah, 1135 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027, USA
About the Event
COST: $45 (automatic 10%off for monthly-autopay and annual members)
Curious about Ayurveda?
Always wanted to know about the healing properties of herbs?
This is your workshop!
• History: Western & Ayurveda • Western (Brief overview)
- Pharmacognosy (study of medicinal drugs derived from plants)
- Phytotherapy (use of plants to manage health conditions)
- Pharmacokinetics (study of how drugs move/work in the body) (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion)
• All about herbs
- Safety/Toxicity/Drug Interactions
- Culinary herbs (ginger, mint, common spices)
- Local herbs (materia medica)
- Plant parts (roots, leaves, bark, etc.)
- Harvesting practices
- Taxonomy (plant names)