Inner Peace and Resilience During Tough Times
Time & Location
About the Event
We just got the order to stay home for 4 more weeks! Here is a lecture series that will help you cope. These lectures help you find inner peace and teach you skills for resilience during tough times.
This is an online course via zoom-conference; this format allows for interactions, laughter, and human connection as well as screen-sharing of material.
We will “meet” Saturday nights at 6:00 PM for 90 min.
We will meet four weeks on a row, for a total of four meetings:
April, 11th, 18th 25th, and May 2nd.
I set two different prices to make this course available to all!
I am relying on your honesty to pick the price that fits your situation.
- If you still have a job with an income: $135
- If you lost your job: $45
Many of the concepts in this course are from 40 days of introspection – so those of you who took the 40 days course may look at this a a nice review during this time of adversity.
If you have never taken a mindfulness course from Spira, all the more reason to take Making Friends with Stress to help you deal with our current situation in the world.
This workshop is for you:
- If you ever wanted to get a better handle on stress
- Find ways to be in an uncertain world
- Find more inner peace
- Wondered how to combat anxiety
- How to thrive in the middle of adversity
- Wanted to release addictive habits that no longer serve you
- Wanted to learn to meditate
- Wanted to understand how mindfulness works
- Wanted to better understand how the mind works
- Wanted to start a meditation practice
Some of the topics that we will cover:
- Modern-day applications of mindfulness and meditation
- How to shift the stress response
- What “meditation” is, and the myths and misconceptions about meditation
- Different kinds of meditation practices
- A doctor’s perspective on stress and its effects on mind & body
- Neuroplasticity, meditation, and the brain
- How meditation trains your attention and has the power to change self-identity
- The mind-body connection and creating well-being
- Experiences in meditation