Making friends with stress – Awareness, Mindfulness and Meditation
Time & Location
About the Event
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Available online or in studio
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
Did you ever try meditation, but found yourself frustrated thus gave up after a few tries?
Well you are not alone. There are a lot of misconceptions around mindfulness and meditation, and a lot of products to purchase about meditation that offer a“sexy shortcut” and false promises.
There is no shortcut to meditation.
But that is good news. Meditation is an exciting subject well worth a deeper look.
This workshop is for you:
- If you ever wanted to get a better handle on stress
- Find more inner peace
- Have more meaningful relationships with friends and family
- Wondered how to combat anxiety
- Wanted to release addictive habits that no longer serve you
- Wanted to learn to meditate
- Wanted to understand how mindfulness works
- Wanted to better understand how the mind works
- Wanted to start a meditation practice
- Need continuing education credits for Yoga Alliance
- Enrolled in Spira’s 300-hour training
Some of the topics that we will cover:
- You will learn to understand where modern theories on consciousness and brain function meet every-day practicality and traditional yogic philosophy. We will cover basic neuroscience and brain function and their application towards mindful living, self-awareness, and meditation.
- Modern-day applications of mindfulness and meditation
- What “meditation” is, and the myths and misconceptions about meditation
- Different kinds of meditation practices
- A doctor’s perspective on stress and its effects on mind & body
- Neuroplasticity, meditation, and the brain
- How meditation trains your attention and has the power to change self-identity
- The mind-body connection and creating well-being
- How to shift the stress response
- Experiences in meditation
- The spiritual side of meditation: mystic and wisdom traditions, awakened states of awareness, and self-discovery
- How to relate to students and their questions when teaching meditation
All of our teacher trainings are structured to be beneficial and enjoyable for those who wish not to teach. We believe yoga is a path of lifelong learning. Teacher training is a term that we use because we are Yoga Alliance and Washington State Certified Teaching Vocational School and that is the language that they determined for these classes. But that does not mean that these trainings are restricted for teachers only. We welcome everyone who is curious, who enjoys learning, who wishes to understand yoga in a deeper level.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete 15 modules and pass the final exam and presentation. The training can be completed in as little as 2 years. Most students can comfortably complete the training in 4 years. However, our program is flexible: You can study at your own pace, taking as many years as you need to finish all 15 modules. After each 4-year period, we will charge an additional $100 to reactivate your enrollment in the training
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.