Understanding and Pronouncing Sanskrit
Time & Location
About the Event
Understanding and Pronouncing Sanskrit – June 5th-7th 2020
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00 pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300-Hr credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
This course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- Concise history of the Sanskrit language
- Basic Sanskrit grammar and guide to pronunciation
- The hidden meanings and myths behind some asana names
- Sanskrit terminology relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Classical Surya Namaskar with Mantra recitation
- Study of the 9 obstacles to yoga from the perspective of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (and the meanings of the obstacle names in Sanskrit), and how to avoid them while practicing and teaching yoga
- Upon completion of this course, you will have a deeper appreciation for the cultural origins of yoga as well as a deeper understanding of the original meaning of this powerful practice.
You can buy the 300 HR teacher training two ways. Either purchase it module per module or buy all 15 modules and save $400.00. If you want to buy all 15, please look for the link under the main page 500-HR Teacher Training.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete 15 modules and pass the final exam and presentation. The training can be completed in as little as 2 years. Most students can comfortably complete the training in 4 years. However, our program is flexible: You can study at your own pace, taking as many years as you need to finish all 15 modules. After each 4-year period, we will charge an additional $100 to reactivate your enrollment in the training